SUN VALLEY (CNS) — A Southern California Gas Co. employee and two other people suffered minor burns Wednesday, Dec. 10, in an explosion involving a tankless water heater being installed at a Sun Valley business, authorities said.

Paramedics were sent to the 8900 block of North Glenoaks Boulevard about 11:15 a.m., Katherine Main of the Los Angeles Fire Department said. The business sustained minimal damage, Main said.

One of those injured was a Gas Co. employee, Javier Mendoza of the utility said.

“Our thoughts are with our employee and the others involved,” Mendoza said. “The safety of our customers, employees and the communities we serve are a top priority for SoCalGas.”