LOS ANGELES (CNS) — A mother and her son are believed to have carried out an assault of a New York Mets fan outside Dodger Stadium following Game 1 of the National League Division Series, police Chief Charlie Beck said.

The fight occurred around 10:30 p.m. on Oct. 9 in parking lot L, shortly after the Mets defeated the Dodgers 3-1, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Witnesses said a loud argument broke out among rival fans in the parking lot, and a Mets fan was punched and fell, striking his head on the ground and suffering a severe head injury.

The victim remains hospitalized in critical condition.

“We believe it is a son and a mother who are responsible for this assault,” Beck said Tuesday, Oct. 13. “We believe that the weapons used was hands and feet.”

Beck reached out to the public for help leading to the assailants.

“If you were at Friday night’s game in parking Lot L, post-game about 10:30 p.m. and you saw a fight, a scuffle, and you remember anything about it or you have video, please contact the Los Angeles Police Department,” he said.

The suspects were described as a 25- to 30-year-old man of medium height and weight with light-colored hair, and a 40- to 50-year-old woman who stands about 5 feet 3 inches tall and has blonde hair.

The investigation, which has included the review of surveillance video and interviews of witnesses, is being handled by the LAPD’s Robbery-Homicide Division.

The attack was reminiscent of the March 31, 2011, assault of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium. Stow was also in a post-game fight in the parking lot and fell to the ground, cracking his skull on the pavement.

Stow was left in a coma by the attack. He eventually regained consciousness and survived, but suffered permanent brain damage.

Two men pleaded guilty to attacking Stow and were sentenced to prison.

The attack led to questions about the adequacy of security at Dodger Stadium. Stow sued the team and was awarded $18 million.