(StatePoint) Spending more time at home working, learning and simply living? The holiday season is the perfect opportunity to gift your household with lighting that enhances the feel and function of your spaces.
To take advantage of the best deals of the season, create your “lighting wish-list” in advance of Cyber Monday. Manufacturers such as Progress Lighting are making it easy to plan ahead . As you seek inspiration, consider these designs, which align with the latest home decor trends:
• Bath & Vanity: Create a serene bathroom oasis capturing the old and the new. Featuring a clean, precise design, the Hansford Collection’s four-light bath and vanity bracket with an Antique Bronze finish lends itself to farmhouse, coastal or industrial interiors. For a modern, yet timeless look, consider the Carisa Collection’s three-light Vintage Gold Bath light. Its metallic finish supports glossy white glass globes.
• Ceiling Fans: Add expansive design to great rooms, living rooms and bedrooms with statement-making ceiling fans. The Springer Collection 60-inch 12-Blade Distressed Walnut Coastal Windmill fan, inspired by the form and function of a windmill, has an architectural bronze finish ideal for farmhouse, industrial and transitional interior settings. For sophisticated, modern design, consider the Glandon Collection 60-inch fan, which has full-range dimming and reversible blades in driftwood and walnut.
• Chandeliers: Complement rustic and modern farmhouse home décor in hallways, foyers and great rooms, as well as urban industrial and coastal interior settings, with the four-light linear chandelier of the Gulliver Collection. Its three circular bands wrap together for an open design. Dual-toned frame color combinations of graphite feature weathered gray accents. Or, create a soft, muted glow with the four-light black chandelier in the Durrell Collection. Inside the sailcloth linen shade nestle light bases on gently curved arms coated in a beautiful finish.
Demand attention with the Lassiter Five-Light Brushed Nickel Chandelier. Square tubing with clean angles and striking vintage light sockets blend the modern with traditional.
• Close-to-Ceiling: A new category of vintage modern fixtures takes center stage with this convertible fixture in the Debut Collection. Delicate details in a graphite finish create a statement-making focal piece for a variety of interiors — whether mounted flush to the ceiling or chain-hung — for a fitting stage to feature nostalgic, vintage lamps. For rustic flair, consider a close-to-ceiling fixture in the Durrell Collection featuring a round open-cage frame coated in a farmhouse-style matte black finish.
• Outdoor: Enhance modern and transitional style settings outdoors with the minimalist, yet exciting design of the Square Wall Lantern. The crisscross design of the Hollingsworth Collection Wall Lantern surrounds clear seeded glass, emulating popular farmhouse décor and when paired with vintage or traditional bulbs, enhances a variety of transitional exteriors.
• Pendants: The concentric rings of Equinox pendants pivot for an otherworldly feel inspired by astronomy, whereas Penn, a one-light large pendant with a clear glass sphere in a natural brass finish, embraces a modern take on vintage electric design.
• Controls: Experience the convenience of touchless lighting with voice control through Siri, Amazon Alexa, or the Google Assistant using the iDevices Smart Lighting Controls. Manage home lighting from anywhere and set dynamic scenes via the connected app.
By upgrading home lighting during the holidays, you can affordably gift your family beautiful, functional spaces.