Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
(serves 8 -10)
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 4 mins
This soup is such a no brainer as all you have to do is dump the ingredients into the slow cooker and hours later like magic it’s ready to go! You can add rice if you prefer, but it’s classic with your favorite pasta shape inside to soak up some of the delectable chicken broth.
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 carrots, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
2 leeks, chopped into half moons
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 bay leaves
2 cups pasta (rotini or macaroni are our faves)
accompaniments: fresh parsley, crackers
1. Place the first 9 ingredients in a slower cooker and set to low for 4 hours (the soup can remain in the slow cooker up to 8 hours on low at this point).
2. After the soup has cooked for 3 hours remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside.
3. Add the pasta into the slow cooker and cook for an additional 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Roast Vegetable Soup
(2 to4 servings)
Prep Time: 35 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
Roast Vegetable Soup is filled with all your favorite vegetables and is so easy to make. The roasted vegetables give it a warm caramelized flavor to keep your family toasty all winter long!
1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
1 large shallot, peeled and quartered
1 large garlic clove, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling if desired
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
32 oz chicken or vegetable stock
cilantro for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place first 5 ingredients on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
3. Roast vegetables for 30-35 minutes or until golden and tender.
4. Place roast vegetables, cumin and broth in Philips Soup maker, cook for 15 minutes and puree.
5. Sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle with olive oil if desired.
4. While the pasta is cooking shred the chicken into bite size pieces and add back into the soup.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with crackers if desired.