Crime scene photos from Sunday, August 24, 2014

Alexander Hernandez, 34, charged with killing a tile worker in Pacoima and shooting at a westside couple, appeared at the San Fernando Courthouse Wednesday, Aug. 27, but his arraignment was postponed until Sept. 17 and was moved to the Criminal Courts Building in downtown Los Angeles.

Hernandez, is also suspected to be responsible for the weekend shooting spree in the City of San Fernando, Sylmar and Pacoima but has not yet been charged with those crimes that killed three additional people.

The San Fernando Courthouse filled with reporters who wanted to photograph the man that law enforcement has described as a “serial killer,”  but,  L.A. Superior Court Judge Michael O’Gara said because of the status of the case, he would not allow media to take any photos of Hernandez.

As Hernandez entered the courtroom and stood in the caged enclosure designated for inmates, his attorney stood in front of him during the short proceeding making it difficult for media to see him. Hernandez, handcuffed and shackled, was bald with a large mustache. He wore a yellow top and blue pants.

The only words he spoke during the brief hearing were “yes sir,” when the judge asked if he waived his right to be arraigned on Wednesday.

Residents in the Northeast Valley have turned to social media anxious to find  an image of the man who may have been their neighbor. The Northeast San Fernando Valley, made up of long time families are often connected to each other but there has been little information provided on Hernandez and little said about him in the local community trying to learn more about him.

Law enforcement is stepping carefully and has not released any information about possible motive or personal background.  Police authorities have confirmed however that Hernandez has a prior arrest record Hernandez has served prison time and has four prior convictions, including possession for sale of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance with a firearm, and possession of a firearm by a felon, authorities said.