Recipe submitted by Victor A. Magaña, Chef / Owner of Heavenly Pancake
¼ Cup fresh Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
¼ cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon lemon peel
2 large cloves garlic, pressed in garlic press
16 toothpicks soaked in hot water 15 minutes
1. Combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in 11X17 inch casserole. Pound chicken to ¥¥¥ inch thickness. Place chicken in lemon mixture, turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
2. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
3. Combine parsley, cheese, chives, lemon peel and garlic in small bowl. Discard chicken marinade. Spread ¥¥¥ of parsley mixture over each chicken breast leaving an inch around edge free. Starting at narrow end, roll chicken to enclose filling, secure with toothpicks.
4. Grill chicken, covered, over medium hot coals about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer chicken to low or direct heat, grill covered about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
5. Remove toothpicks, slide each chicken breast into 3 or 4 pieces. (makes 4 servings)
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING: Carbohydrates 2g, Calories 159, Fat 4g, Protein 27g